perjantai 25. syyskuuta 2009

Rafael Lovato JR Jiu Jitsu Blog

Rafael Lovato JR pitää suhteellisen aktiivista blogia omasta harjoittelustaan. Nyt hän on valmistautumassa ensi viikonlopun ADCC kisoihin Barcelonassa.

Rafael kertoo itsestään Blogissaan näin:

"I am 26 and I have lived in Oklahoma City since I was 8. I received my Black Belt in BJJ in August of 2004 and I have been involved with martial arts my whole life. I started out with boxing, Muay Thai, Kali, & JKD Concepts under my father, who was a JKD instructor under Richard Bustillo. When I became a teenager, my father started to teach me BJJ after he discovered it through a JKD instructor conference. By the time I was 16, I had been to California, Texas, Florida, and I had even made my first trip to Brazil for the Mundials. All this was due to my father’s love for martial arts and the great support I received from my parents. 

Fast-forward ten years and now my father is a second-degree black belt and I am a first-degree. We have remained in Oklahoma and we run a great school with many high level students. My love for competition has stayed with me, some of my accomplishments as a black belt include: 2005, 2007, & 2008 Pan-American Champion; 2005 Budo Challenge Champion; 2006 American National Champion; 2007 European Open Champion; 2007 Brasileiro Champion; 2007 Mundial Champion; 2007 BJJ Competitor of the Year; 2008 Mundial Runner-Up; 2009 Mundial Bronze Medalist"

Ei kommentteja: